Did you know you can check ink levels in your printer without much effort? That’s right, once you master this trick, you will never be caught off guard by the ‘Ink is running low!’ This comprehensive step-by-step guide will teach you how to find the ink levels in the following printers: Canon, Brother, Epson, HP, and Lexmark. We have also taken into account macOS and Windows users!
- On the bottom left side of your monitor, find the start button and select ‘Devices.’
- Find and select ‘Printer & scanners.’
- From there, you should be able to find all the information you need about any printers linked to your monitor, including the ink levels.
If you are still unable to view the ink levels, try this instead:
- On the bottom left side of your monitor, find the start button and select ‘Settings.’
- Find your printer and select ‘Manage.’
- Select ‘Printing preferences’ and click on ‘Maintenance.’ You should be able to see the ink levels now.
Please note that these instructions only work if the printer is connected to your monitor and is switched on.
- On the top left side of the monitor, click on the Apple icon.
- Find and select ‘System Preferences.’
- Find and select ‘Print & Scan,’ then choose your printer.
- Click on ‘Supply levels,’ and you should be able to see the ink levels for your selected printer.
You can check the ink levels in a Brother printer in a multitude of ways. If you want to check the ink levels from your monitor, then refer to the above instructions. If you wish you check manually from the printer itself, read on:
- Seek out the printer’s control panel. If your printer does not have a touchscreen, press the Menu button.
- Select ‘Ink management,’ where you will be able to view the ink levels.
You will need to check the ink volume in your Canon printer via your monitor. As such, please refer to the above instructions.
Like the Canon Printer, you will need to check the ink volume on your Lexmark printer via your monitor. As such, please refer to the above instructions.
You will need the printer driver to check the ink levels in your Epson printer. Each Epson printer comes with a CD with a proper printer driver. Alternatively, you can download the driver online.
- Once the driver has been installed, you can select the Epson application.
- Go to the ‘Maintenance’ tab.
- Seek out and click on ‘EPSON Status Monitor 3’. You should be able to view the ink levels now.
You can check the ink volume in your HP printer in numerous ways. You can choose between checking through your monitor, via the HP Smart app, or manually using the printer.
Using the printer:
- Go to the printer menu page.
- Select the ink drop icon. This icon may be different across HP printer models but should be recognizable. You should be able to view the ink level from there.
If you do not wish to check directly from your printer, you can download the HP application and see the ink levels on the home screen.